Five Recommended Tweaks to Amp Up Your Fall Skincare Routine
As the hot summer months give way to crisp, cool autumn days, no doubt you’re enjoying pulling out your cozy sweaters and fashionable boots. But don’t stop there. While donning your fall attire, refining your seasonal skincare routine is another beauty must. Here are five recommendations from Metropolitan Dermatology:
- Humidify and hydrate: Cool temperatures can sap moisture out the air in your home – and out of your skin. Protect your skin from drying out by using a high-quality indoor humidifier to help keep the air moist. If you don’t have one, take the DIY route of placing a bowl of water on your nightstand, letting it evaporate nearby as you sleep. Be sure to hydrate from the inside as well, drinking plenty of clean water throughout the day.
- Switch cleansers: Purifying cleansers or gels are great for clearing away the sweat and grime of a hot summer day. But when the temperatures begin to drop, so do your skin’s moisture and oil levels. Summertime cleansing formulas can further strip away beneficial oil and moisture, leaving your complexion ashen and dry. Switch instead to a cream-based or soapless cleanser.
- Layer on the thickness: Fall attire means a layered look involving thicker fabrics, and that approach is great for your skin, too. Lightweight moisturizers that work beautifully during the hot summer simply won’t hold up to the cold, windy temperatures. Choose a thicker moisturizer for the fall and winter months. If you have especially dry skin, layer on the protection by applying a few drops of a high-quality facial oil followed by a moisturizing cream.
- Shower smart: Long, steamy showers are tempting on a cold day. Unfortunately, they’re also incredibly drying to your skin. Stick to shorter showers with lukewarm water and consider installing a shower filter if you have hard water or if your skin is particularly sensitive.
- Feed your face: Just the thought of the coming Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Christmas feasts make us crave high-calorie comfort foods. Indulge wisely, but be sure to include skin-healthy treats like fresh vegetables and unsalted nuts.
Of course, the advent of fall also is a great time for beauty-boosting treatments like chemical peels and IPL Photofacials. Get your complexion ready for the holiday party season with a visit to your nearest Metropolitan Dermatology location in Clark, Kearny, Teaneck or Staten Island.
The post Five Recommended Tweaks to Amp Up Your Fall Skincare Routine appeared first on Metropolitan Dermatology.
- Acne Treatment (5)
- Allergy Treatment (1)
- Botox (11)
- Chemical Peels (10)
- Cold Sores (1)
- CoolSculpting (2)
- Current Specials (7)
- Hair Loss Treatment (1)
- Laser Hair Removal (1)
- metropolitan dermatology news (7)
- News (10)
- Practice News (3)
- Promotions (4)
- Skin Cancer (2)
- Skin Tips (2)
- Skincare Products (3)
- Uncategorized (2)